Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Homemade Hot Dog and Hamburger Buns!!! (Yes I'm totally serious)



So you guys remember a while back when I posted
wanted to try hot dog buns but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get the shape just right so I decided I'd wait until I could order a "shaper" to make sure I got them just right..... then I came back to reality and decided that was a waste of money!  Soooooo I made up a big batch of dough yesterday and made some more yummy buns, a few rolls and, you guessed it, hot dog buns! 

They are actually pretty easy to shape, I just simply shaped them like a hot dog!  I know, brilliant right!!!  Just be sure not to make them too big around, because they are, of course, going to rise and spread.  It took me a couple of times of making the hamburger buns to get the shape and size down just right, one time I made them for a friend and they turned out looking like big fat Frisbees instead of buns!  So I wasn't full of confidence that they would be the right size on the first try, although as you can see, it's pretty close!  This is a super economical and VERY yummy general bread recipe so even if the shape isn't great you can always use the bread for something other than it's original intent if it doesn't come out right :)
Let me know if you try it, how it turns out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment