Monday, May 7, 2012

Make your own TGI Friday's Sauce!

My mother gave me this recipe a hundred years ago (yeah I know, I look good for my age right?) and I have gladly taken hers out of her refrigerator and brought it home for my own consumption, but I have never made it myself... until now!  I'm positive it is not her original recipe, but I have no idea where it came from so my disclaimer is as follows:  I hereby give proper credit and applause to whoever made this recipe up and in no way try to steal the aforementioned credit and or applause.
Now, on to the good stuff!!

What you will need:
2 teaspoons garlic
2/3 cup water
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon crushed pineapple (I may put more next time)
3 tablespoons minced onion
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup pineapple juice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Jack Daniels
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Mix all liquid ingredients and bring to a boil, reduce heat and add remaining ingredients and simmer for 40-50 minutes.  Place in an airtight container (I use caning jars) and store it in the refrigerator.

This can be used in so many ways!  It makes a great mariniade, it can be brushed over chicken, steak, pork, ice cream..... okay maybe that last one would be taking it a bit too far, but who am I to judge!
The point is that this is AMAZING!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment