Monday, January 2, 2012

Pulled Pork

Several weeks back I scored a pork butt roast at a "Buy me NOW" price and it's been chillin' in the freezer ever since because I had no idea what to do with it. Well, yesterday my friend and I came up with the idea of pulled pork sandwiches, which I had never made but was totally stoked at the idea!
Step 1:  Season the roast
1 envelope onion soup mix
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp garlic salt
 salt and pepper to taste

Mix ingredients and rub meat with mixture.  Place in Crock-Pot, cover with water and set to Low.  Cook overnight (at least 8 hours)

Step 2:  Pull and BBQ
Remove meat and shred, return to Crock-Pot
Mix together:
1 bottle BBQ sauce (I used Honey flavored but you can use your favorite)
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
Add mixture to meat and allow to cook at least another hour (I let mine sit for about 3 hours)

Serve on hamburger buns and enjoy! 
P.S. I HIGHLY recommend serving with cole slaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment