Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Initial Wall Hanging

I recently put together a baby shower and wanted to come up with a gift that was both unique and personal.  I had seen artwork before with initials but I wanted something that was custom and would match my friend's nursery theme (which was black and red lady bugs).
I had this empty frame that I had purchased at a garage sale for a whopping $2.00 and I decided to put it to good use!


I painted the frame white, leaving just a little of the wood showing through to achieve a "worn" look.
I then used a piece of cardboard (more to the point I cut and taped up an old shipping box to fit) as the frame backing.  I covered the cardboard in fabric.
I bought chipboard letters at my local craft store and painted them with an accent color
Finally, using a hot glue gun I attached the letters to the backing and inserted it into the frame
And here is the finished project!
If I were to have purchased something like this it would have easily cost me $50.00 and I made it (custom) for :
Frame: $2
Fabric: 1/2 yard $3.00
Chipboard letters: $5.97 ($1.99 each) 
I already had the paint
Total Cost: $10.97

**You can find pricing and all my other crafty things for sale on my other fb page at www.facebook.com/GloryDesignsOfTexas**

No comments:

Post a Comment