Thursday, July 12, 2012

Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

I have been wanting to try this recipe for a long time and have just been waiting to run out of the gazillion packs of tablets I got for free several months ago.  Well I finally ran out and decided to give this a whirl! I have to give credit where credit is due, this is not my original concoction, I stole.... errrr, borrowed it from my good friend Julie over at ParyMoppins :)

Ok so here's the recipe, it's REALLY complicated so you may want to turn off the television and send the kids to bed early for this one (insert sarcastic wink here).

2 Cups Borax
2 Cups Washing Soda
(both of the first two ingredients can be found on the laundry aisle)
2 packages lemon Kool-Aid (make sure to get the regular kind that you are supposed to add sugar to)
1/2 cup Salt
Place ingredients into a quart jar and shake well to incorporate.
If in time it begins to clump, simply use a spoon to break it up.
Use 1 tablespoon per load
Do NOT use with gold trimmed or Sterling Silver dishes/flatware

And Voila there ya go, for about 6 bucks (less than what you would have to pay for a full priced bag of Cascade tablets) you can have roughly a 6 months supply of detergent!
Happy washing!

2 comments:

  1. Holy dish detergent, Batman! This is great (and on my shopping list)!!

    catdoubleyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete