Thursday, September 15, 2011

Making the most of free sample deals

I'm going to be out of town tomorrow so I thought I'd post the "Frugal Friday" post a little early! 

Have you discovered the great advantages signing up for sample freebies? 
I use Shop4Freebies and they actually send me a daily email with a list of available freebies.  I have gotten everything from coffee and cereal samples to deodorant and shampoo samples. 
You may be asking yourself "What in the world am I going to do with those tiny samples?"  Well I'm glad you asked!  There are so many things you can do with them, for example, I use the food samples such as cereal or crackers for my 3 year old daughter when we go on trips.  They are just the right size for car ready snacks and I don't have to use zipper bags (which can be expensive)  So it does double duty saving!
As for bathroom samples such as shampoo or soap, I use them when I go on trips away from home.  They are small (perfect for airplane travel) and compact.  I am known for leaving a trail behind everywhere I go, I can't tell you how many times I have left bottles of shampoo or body wash behind after a trip, and most are never recovered.  If I take individual use products I don't have to worry about that, plus it saves me time from having to pack up these items when I leave for home.  This saves both time AND money... great deal if you ask me!
With the recent fires and evacuations that have gone along with them, these sample size items are great for donating.  They are small and can be given to the people who need supplies only for a night or two. 
I hope I have given you some ideas and encouraged you to sign up to receive these freebies if you are not already signed up!  Also if you have a favorite freebie site please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment