Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Homemade Salisbury Steak

Several people have asked me for my recipe for homemade Salisbury steak so I thought I'd post it for everyone.  It calls for canned French Onion soup but I use my homemade soup (recipe was posted last week), this saves gobs-o-moula!!

1 (10.5oz) can condensed French Onion soup
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1 3gg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder

1.  In a large bowl, mix together 1/3 cup condensed French onion soup with ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper.  Shape into 6 oval patties.
2.  In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown both sides of patties.  Pour off excess fat.
3.  In a small bowl, blend flour and remaining soup until smooth.  Mix in ketchup, water, Worcestershire sauce and mustard powder.  Pour over meat in skillet.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.

When I make this I will use twice the amount of soup called for so I can make a gravy to pour over top the steaks and mashed potatoes.  YUMMMOOOO!!!!

Now to be completely fair, I got this recipe from a friend who got it off the Internet... this is NOT an original but it is super dooper good!
Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment